Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Double feature: Ginger Snaps (2000) and Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed (2004)



Oh Ginger Snaps, where were you during my adolescence? If this movie had been made in 1995, I would have been obsessed. Essentially Ginger Snaps is like Teen Wolf, but with girls and a hell of a lot darker. As a former angsty teenage girl myself, I felt Ginger and Brigitte were extremely well-written and relatable. Non-cliche lady-centered horror is hard to find, and this is a great one. AND it's one of the better werewolf movies I've seen. Seriously, Ginger Snaps rules.



This is the not-so-happily ever after of our brave heroine Brigitte from Ginger Snaps the First, which is great because more Brigitte is exactly what I wanted. This movie also introduces the character Ghost, a creepy-yet-awesome little girl who teams up with B. Say what you will about sequels; Unleashed is as good or possibly better than its predecessor. I LOVE GINGER SNAPS.

Out by 16 or dead in the scene. Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment