Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Friday the 13th (1980)


Over some non-specific near-future period of time, I will be recapping the Friday the 13th series in its entirety. Some of these I've seen many times, some I haven't seen at all. I'm even going to watch Jason X, so consider yourself warned. It's going to be awesome! But first things first:

The original Friday the 13th! I'm actually surprised at how little I have to say about this. It's summer camp horror, solid all the way through. Numerous red herrings, surprise killer at the end. Pretty blonde final girl. You know how it goes. These are the only things that really stand out in my mind about Friday the 13th:
1. Kevin Bacon is so young he's all pink-cheeked.
2. The girl at the beginning is so overwhelmingly cheerful I really wanted her to get hurt.
3. These people would have been completely terrible at running a camp so perhaps it's all for the best.
4. This guy:
















cutoffs and hiking boots not pictured

No comments:

Post a Comment